The game is is a side-scrolling platformer with shooter elements, Batman uses a firing a weapon instead of hand to hand combat. The platform elements are kinda similar to games like Super Mario Land with the gravity is a bit soft when you jump.
- Gotham City: Batman fights his way through numerous henchmen to get to the Axis Chemical Factory.
- Chemical Factory: Batman infiltrates the Axis Chemicals Factory, fighting Jack Napier's henchmen.
- Batman vs Jack: Batman has a one-a-one fight with Jack Napier, Batman knocks Napier into the vat of chemicals, transforming him into the Joker.
- Gotham City: Batman fights his way through numerous Joker's henchmen to get to the Flugelheim Museum.
- Flugalheim Museum: Batman fights his way through numerous Joker's henchmen and machines in the Museum.
- Batwing Stage: Batman, piloting the Batwing, must shoot the Joker's helicopters, planes and flying machines.
- Gotham Cathedral: Batman fights his way through numerous Joker's henchmen to get where the Joker is hiding.
- Batman vs Joker: Batman has his final confrontation with the Joker.
The Game Boy version has received positive reviews by critics and players. holds an aggregate score of 78.75% on GameRankings for the Game Boy version. It features Batman attacking with a gun and is arguably the least related title to the movie.