Batman is a horizontally scrolling beat 'em up arcade game developed by Numega Team in 1990, published by Atari Games in North America and Europe, and published by Namco in Japan. The storyline is based on the 1989 Tim Burton feature. Various promotional photographs taken by Murray Close where used to decorate the cabinet.
The game is a horizontally scrolling beat 'em up, platformer. It features stages based on locations in the film, including first-person control of the Batmobile and the Batwing. The game features audio clips of Batman (Michael Keaton), The Joker (Jack Nicholson) and Vicki Vale (Kim Basinger) as well as digitized photos from the movie and the music is based on the movie's soundtrack composed by Danny Elfman.
- Gotham City: Batman fights his way through numerous henchmen and thieves.
- Batmobile: Batman driving the Batmobile has to shoot Grissom's cars
- Axis Chemical Plant: Batman infiltrates the Axis Chemical Plant, fighting Jack Napier's henchmen, and then knocks Napier into the vat of chemicals, transforming him into the Joker.
- Flugelheim Museum: Batman makes his way through the museum to rescue Vicki Vale from the Joker and his henchmen.
- Batmobile: Batman driving the Batmobile has to shoot the Joker's cars.
- Gotham City: Batman fights the Joker's henchmen in the streets of Gotham City.
- Batwing: Batman flying the Batwing has to shoot the Joker's helicopters and catch the parade balloons, inflated with Smilex gas, to save Gotham City
- Gotham City Cathedral: Batman makes his way through the cathedral to have his final confrontation with the Joker.