Batman is the main protagonist in the LEGO Batman video game series. A superhero operating in Gotham City, he was an ally of the Gotham City Police Department, member of the Justice League and head of the Bat-Family. Batman's operations often brought him into conflict with many supervillains operating in the city, including the Joker, the Penguin and the Riddler.
The Riddler's Revenge
After learning that Riddler was breaking to one of Gotham's Banks, Batman and Robin fought through the nearby streets to round up the criminals men. Upon arrival, they encountered and defeated Clayface, but were unable to stop the mastermind from escaping with Two-Face. However, Batman was able to plant a tracking device on the truck. Using it, they followed them to an abandoned ice cream factory, which served as a lair for Mr. Freeze. Navigating Freeze's henchwomen and obstacles, they encountered and defeated the criminal. However, Riddler managed to escape again, taking with him a Freeze Ray.
Giving chase in the Batmobile, they were able to capture his henchmen and defeated Two-Face in his armored truck. As they cornered the criminals, Poison Ivy rescued them using her mutated vine plants. Returning to the Batcave, Batman used the Batcomputer to analyse a leaf from the plant, discovering it had been grown at the Botanical Gardens. He and Robin headed to the location to investigate further, where they found the criminals had taken over. Tracking Ivy to hidden laboratory, they defeated both her and the mutated plants. However, Riddler once again escaped, due to Ivy using her pheromones on Robin.
Back in the Batcave, Batman, Robin and Alfred assembled clues Riddler had left behind at the crime scenes. Together, they deduced that he and Two-Face were planning to rob the Gotham Gold Reserves using items acquired from each location. Arriving just shorty after the duo made their way inside the Gold Reserves, they fought their way through Riddler's henchmen and caught up with the criminals at the main vault. After defeating Two-Face, they fought and defeated Riddler, returning him to Arkham Asylum.
When the Gotham Diamond was stolen from a museum, Batman and Robin found Catwoman fleeing from the scene and gave chase across the rooftops. Together, they were able to defeat her, but were unable to stop her cat from fleeing with the jewel. After ensuring she was taken to GCPD's lockup, they discovered that Penguin and Killer Croc were terrorizing the docks. Giving chase in the Batboat, they destroyed The Penguin's Submarine.
Confronting the criminals on the pier, Batman was distracted when they injured Robin. As Penguin and Croc fled to the sewers, the duo gave chase. They navigated the tunnels, fighting henchmen and crocodiles. Surfacing at GCPD's cells, they learned that they had broken Catwoman out and fought Killer Croc. Defeating the criminal, they found a leaflet for the Gotham City Zoo, where making them realize Penguin was hiding there.
Arriving at the piers, they investigated the area to locate Penguin. While searching the tropical enclosure, they encountered and defeated Man-Bat. Continuing to the Arctic World enclosure, they discovered that Penguin had activated his Robotic Penguin and was controlling them through a satellite dish stolen from the docks. Batman and Robin made their way through the criminal's men, locating him and Catwoman within one of the ice caves. After destroying the machine by redirecting Penguin's bombers into the power source, they fought and defeated Penguin, returning him and Catwoman to Arkham Asylum.
The Joker's Return
While shopping for a new cape on the Batcomputer, Batman learned that Joker had broken into the ACE Chemicals plant and stolen chemicals required to create his Joker Toxin. Arriving at the plant with Robin, the duo fought the criminal's men and the Mad Hatter. Shortly afterwards, they received a transmission from Joker, revealing that he and Harley Quinn captured Commissioner Gordon. They threatened to kill him if Batman did not act, forcing him and Robin to visit an abandoned fairground used by the criminals. After navigating the area and defeating Quinn, Batman freed Gordon whilst Joker escaped in his helicopter.
Making chase in the Batwing, they ended up pursuing Scarecrow to prevent him from spreading his Fear Gas. After being critically damaged, Scarecrow's bi-plane crashed into Joker's helicopter in its fall. Believing they had perished in the fight, Batman left the area, failing to notice that they survived. When Joker and Killer Moth attacked the GCPD to free Harley Quinn, Batman and Robin were contacted to help deal with the situation. Arriving just as Joker and Quinn escaped, they instead pursued Moth through the East End streets, cornering him within a power station. After defeating the criminal, Batman interrogated Killer Moth to learn where Joker had fled, only to learn of his plans to release his toxin from Gotham City Cathedral.
Whilst the GCPD held off Joker's henchmen, Batman and Robin attempted to gain entry to the Cathedral. During their attempt, they fought Quinn and chased her to the top of the tower. After forcing Joker out of hiding, they fought and destroyed Joker's helicopter. During the fight, Joker managed to knock them out by using his Joy Buzzer on the equipment. Awakening to find Joker and Quinn standing over them, Batman threw a Batarang at the cathedral's bells, disturbing the bats hiding there to attack the criminals. With Joker and Harley incapacitated, Batman handed them over to Gordon so they could be returned to Arkham.
To be added
To be added
- Acrobat (DC Super-Villains only)
- Detective Mode (DC Super-Villains only)
- Glide (LEGO Batman 2 Handheld Version and LEGO Batman 3 onwards)
- Illumination (DC Super-Villains only)
- Martial Arts Expert
- Projectile Rebound (DC Super-Villains only)
- Security Access (DC Super-Villains only)
- Stealth (LEGO Dimensions onwards)
- Technology (DC Super-Villains only)
- Tracking (DC Super-Villains only)
- X-Ray (DC Super-Villains only)
- Grapple Gun
- Briefcase (as Bruce Wayne)
- Bat-Bomb (Detonator Suit, Power Suit & DC Super-Villains only)
- Sonar Gun (Sonic Suit, Bat Suit and Sonar Suit only)
- Laser Gun (Space Suit only)
- Freeze Gun (Artic Suit only)
- Harpoon Gun (Scuba Suit only)
- Sonar Batarang (DC Super-Villains only)
- Explosive Batarang (DC Super-Villains only)
- Bat-Drone (DC Super-Villains only)
LEGO Batman: The Videogame
- Default/Classic Suit - The default appearance for Batman. The suit will be equipped at the beginning of every level and does not provide additional abilities.
- Sonic Suit - Grants Batman access to an ultrasonic blaster, allowing him the ability to break glass LEGO bricks. Can be upgraded to stun enemies, summon bats and use as an area of effect. (Console Version only)
- Glider Suit - Grants Batman access to the Bat-Glider, allowing him to glide across large gaps. Can be upgraded to perform a slam attack.
- Detonator Suit - Grants Batman access to Bat-Bombs, which can be used to destroy silver LEGO objects. Can also be upgraded to become bulletproof.
- Heat Protection Suit - Protects Batman from burning hot temperatures, allowing him to enter hot areas and touch heated LEGO bricks without sustaining damage. Can be upgraded to throw Heated Batarangs. (Console Version only)
- Thermal Protection suit - Protects Batman from freezing cold temperatures and gases. (Handheld Version only)
LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes
- Default Suit - The default appearance for Batman. The suit will be equipped at the beginning of every level and does not provide additional abilities (will allow gliding in Handheld Version).
- Power Suit - Allows Batman to destroy silver LEGO objects with rockets and provides super-strength, allowing him to use orange handles.
- Sensor Suit - Allows Batman to turn invisible, letting him circumvent cameras, and use X-Ray vision.
- Electricity Suit - Grants Batman protection from electric currents and allows him to absorb electricity from switches. Whilst storing electricity, his attacks are electrified and he can deploy it to charge machinery.
- Bat-Suit - Allows Batman to break glass LEGO bricks with a sonic cannon and to glide over gaps. (Console Version only)
LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham
- Default Suit - The default appearance for Batman. The suit will be equipped at the beginning of every level and does not provide additional abilities.
- Sensor Suit - Allows Batman to use X-Ray goggles, discover hidden objects and become invisible.
- Power Suit - Allows Batman to destroy silver LEGO bricks with either rockets or Bat-Bombs, but deactivates Gliding.
- Sonar Suit - Replaces Batarangs with a sonar gun, which allows Batman to destroy glass LEGO bricks.
- Space Suit - Allows Batman to fly (requires charge first) and grants access to laser beam, allowing Batman to destroy gold LEGO bricks and melt ice.
- Artic Suit - Replaces Batarangs with a Freeze Gun, allowing Batman to create ice and put out fires.
- Electricity Suit - Allows Batman to absorb electricity and charge switches.
- Scuba Suit - Allows Batman to swim underwater and replaces Batarangs with Harpoon Gun.
- Though heavily based on the New Earth Batman, elements of DC Animated Universe and Burtonverse iterations can be seen in the character.
- Batman's default batsuits change throughout the series to reflect the versions used at the time of game releases. Examples of this include the New 52 suit being used for LEGO Batman 3 and DC Rebirth suit appearing LEGO DC Super-Villains. However, the LEGO Batman 2 suit is based on the Burtonverse Batsuit, as it's design was used for LEGO's Batman figures at that time.