- "You want a megaphone to announce that? Call me Batwing."
- ―Luke Fox as Batwing
Lucas 'Luke' Fox is the son of Lucius Fox, the president of Wayne Enterprises. Despite his great knowledge, Luke refused to work for Wayne Enterprises no matter how much his father attempted to convince him. After almost losing his father following an attack by the Heretic, he used the technology at Wayne Enterprises to become Batwing, a vigilante in Gotham. He would later join the Bat-Family to continue fighting crime alongside Batman.
Spoilers: This information applies to the Luke Fox present in the DC Animated Movie Universe Batman: Bad Blood.
Luke Fox is a veteran soldier whose tours of duty had him serve in Afghanistan. In the scenes between him and Batman tech guru Lucias Fox, Luke is a bit of a wanderer, unsure of his future going forward. Lucias continually tries to recruit Luke into Wayne Enterprises, citing his double majors of Chemistry and Physics as evidence. Luke's exasperation implies that since Lucius raised him to be his own man, Luke cannot be shoehorned into the family business.
Luke's life changes when his father is nearly murdered by Heretic (an adult clone of Damian Wayne and de facto leader of Talia al Ghul's supervillian gallery). Having seen Batman's secret, technology-laden Vault -- and spurred on by his father's condition -- Luke steals his father's latest Batsuit, making it just in time to provide backup to Dick Grayson (now Batman) and Batwoman Kathy Kane, dubbing himself "Batwing."
After Bruce Wayne was rescued, Luke is the one who decodes Talia al Ghul's plan to hypnotize world leaders at Bruce Wayne's summit into joining the League of Shadows, showing the natural aptitude his father tried to nourish.
Batwing is among the Bat-Family landing party in rescuing the summit leaders. He battles the various airborne members of Talia al Ghul's "crew," and, with help from Damian Wayne (Robin), stops the summit aircraft from crashing into Wayne Enterprises tower, saving millions of Gotham lives.
Upon the film's end, Batwing has been accepted as an official member of the Bat-Family and joins his fellow Bat-colleagues in taking down the Penguin, who is in the midst of a police chase.
Powers and Abilities
- Business Management: Luke was given business lessons by his father, but refused a job at Wayne Enterprises in order to pursue his own ideals.
- Martial Arts: Luke is trained in martial arts by Batman as well as being an accomplished boxer and mixed martial arts fighter.
- Boxing: Luke was a world-class boxer before being recruited and trained by Batman in further fighting styles.
- Engineering: Luke has a degree from MIT for engineering and has shown great skill in this regard , having accomplished feats such as defusing a mini nuke and creating a new Azrael suit for Jean-Paul.
- Tactical Analysis: Luke was praised by Batman in his decision-making skills, which affords him extra capabilities both on and off the battlefield.
- Batwing Suit