Joey King is an American actress who portrays a young Talia al Ghul in The Dark Knight Rises. The role required her to cut her hair very short in order to look androgynous, as the audience is initially led to believe that the child is a young Bane.
- "It was so cool. Christopher Nolan – awesome. Christian Bale– so nice. Everybody was awesome. Tom Hardy – so cool. It was just really, really fun working on that. Such a big project...and, it was really fun being a part of that."
- "I play young Talia al Ghul. I can’t give too much away because I promised Mr. Nolan I wouldn’t say anything. There are too many secrets about the character and the movie."
- "I didn’t have that much time to work with Christopher Nolan but he’s also brilliant. He picks every detail and that makes it more amazing; he touches on the smallest thing and then it makes a huge difference in the scene. He’s brilliant."
- "Working on The Dark Knight Rises was so cool. I got to travel to different places that I have never been to before. I got to go to India, I got to go to London. Christopher Nolan is awesome, so is Christian Bale."
- "When I went to the callback to meet with him (Nolan), I said, 'I consider myself very athletic and learn very quickly, so I can learn whatever you need me to.' And I got the job! I had to do a lot of stunts."