- ―Chief O'Hara[src]
The chief of Gotham City Police Department, he is often seen alongside Commissioner Gordon.
Hailing from Ireland, Chief of Police O'Hara is the hardest-working cop in Gotham City. On top of his regular duties, he also heads up the GCPD Anti-Lunatic Squad. O'Hara is quick to condemn criminals and sometimes lets his emotions get the better of him. He is often frustrated by the many puzzles and tricks offered by Gotham's super-villains. Nevertheless, he always follows Gordon's (or Batman's) orders, leading his men in to help the Caped Crusaders whenever they need it. He is happily married, though it is unknown if he has any children.
Like Robin, when Chief O'Hara gets excited, something terrible or unusual happens, he is quick to say something.
- "Saints be praised!"
- "Saints preserve us!"
- "Saints alive!"
- "Mother Macree!"
- "Mother McGinty!"
- "Great Saints!"
- "The Devil you say!"
- "Mother McKilty!"
- "Great slithering snakes!"
- "Glory be!"
- "Bless me suspender buttons!"
- "Sure'n that's the truth!"
- "Heaven protect us!"
- "By Thunderation!"
- "Shiver me timbers!"
- "Me men are clever, goodness knows. But where the human brain is concerned, they're just not equipped."
- "Hittin' a Police Commissioner in the puss with a pie"
- Chief O'Hara was created for William Dozier's television show and was put into comics with the character by the name of Clancy O'Hara, a first name was never mentioned in the show's three seasons.
- O'Hara is given the first name of "Miles" in the 2016 Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders animated movie.