|This article is a stub. You can help the Batman wiki by expanding it.|
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Expert Acrobat
- Expert Combatant
- Expert Detective
- Emergency Belt
- Starting in mid-1943, Mr. Scarlet packed a Red Ray Gun, which could shoot a stunning burst of infra-red energy, and doubled as an infra-red camera. According to Mr. Scarlet, "The infra-red photography cuts right through any disguise a man could wear!"
- This version of Mister Scarlet, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- Mister Scarlet was created by writer Ed Herron and artist Jack Kirby for Fawcett Publications. In 1953, National Periodical Publications settled a long-running lawsuit against Fawcett citing that the character of Captain Marvel bore too much of a resemblance to their own character, Superman. After settling the case (by agreeing to no longer publish Captain Marvel), Fawcett discontinued publication of their entire comic book line and Mister Scarlet lapsed into obscurity. In 1972, DC Comics licensed many of the Fawcett characters, including Mister Scarlet, and established that they existed on the fictional parallel world known as Earth-S. The Fawcett characters made several appearances throughout various Silver Age DC titles including Shazam, World's Finest Comics and Justice League of America. In 1991, DC bought the Fawcett characters (including Mister Scarlet) outright.
- Butler's first private law office was at 13 Park Row, and his second office was #912, in the Park Building, 120 Park Street, in Gotham City.
- Mr. Scarlet and Pinky were one-time allies of the Justice Society of America and Justice League of America when their three worlds were threatened by King Kull and various villains.
- Brian Butler smokes a pipe.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.