A vast majority of their thugs dress as clowns, with red triangles over their eye.
Little was known of their past besides what Batman deciphered from newspaper clippings. They came from the Red Triangle Circus, a once-celebrated circus that visited Gotham. After the Red Triangle Circus returned after a brief hiatus, it sported a new addition: a freak-show featuring a Poodle Lady, the World's Fattest Man and an Aquatic Bird Boy. After numerous reports of missing children, the GPCD closed down the circus fairgrounds, but at least one freak-show performer vanished before he could be questioned.
The group began to operate as a criminal origination using Gotham's sewer tunnels. They started to appear after Joker's defeat, perhaps taking some inspiration. Commissioner Gordon and Batman began to gradually take note of their increasing activity before the Relighting of the Tree Ceremony, at which they launched a theatrical attack on the crowd.
Riot in the streetsEdit
The gang was ordered to loot a storefront area to defame to the current Mayor, but Batman appeared and defeated them once again. He a used a Super-Batarang to take out several clowns surrounding him, but it was snatched by the Ratty Poodle before it could return to his hand.
The gang leaders moved into Oswald's office building, where Organ Grinder created Batmobile blueprints based on conjecture after studying the vehicle, as Penguin was keen to turn it into a bomb and kill Batman. Snake Woman, Poodle Lady and the Thin Clown began constructing missile launchers. One day during this, Catwoman infiltrated the top of the building and asked to have a meeting with Penguin.
Notable members like the Poodle Lady and the Thin Clown (The Acrobatic Thug too) are still at large. They carried on after Oswald's death, albeit to a lesser extent. The Neon Gang seemed to outman them in the later years and muscled their way to Gotham's top street gang.
- Organ Grinder -Field leader (incarcerated)
- Poodle Lady
- Thin Clown
- Fat Clown (deceased)
- Knifethrower Dame (incarcerated)
- Tattooed Strongman (deceased)
- Sword Swallower (incarcerated)
- Snake Woman (incarcerated)
Other notable membersEdit
Minor clown thugsEdit
- Rocket Launcher Clown (incarcerated)
- Crossbow Clown (incarcerated)
- Spinning Clown (incarcerated)
- Nunchaku Clown (incarcerated)
- Dagger Clown (incarcerated)
- Screaming Clown (incarcerated)
- Unicycle Clown (deceased)
- Batman Returns
- Batman Forever (Novelization)
Behind the Scenes Edit
- When Batman read newspaper articles on the Red Triangle Circus, it's interesting to note that there seemed to be a picture of Minnie Woolsley (Koo-Koo the Bird Girl) and two unidentified people with microcephaly, although they were never mentioned performing in the circus' freak-show.