rThird film ?
has anyone actually officially said anything about a third film in the first place ?
The cast are contracted for three films and scriptwriters have hinted at the third, and Nolan has said he will direct three batman films and thats it. But it hasnt actually gone into production and no official sources have announced it but there are rumours about it.
Doomlurker 22:44, 16 August 2008 (UTC)
Johnny Depp wtf?
I heard that Christopher Nolan was not committed to another sequel, and that if he wanted to, he would do it.
Heh, I would sit back and collect the dough from The Dark Knight if I were him. I'm not so sure that they can make a movie anywhere as good as that, anymore. But hey, I'd be up for it.
Someone let me know, as I'm not familiar with the Riddler that much: Is he British, or something? I've seen one of the tentative actors was a guy in Harry Potter, and Johnny Depp was rumored to be him, as well. Those guys are British.
- The riddler is not british and neither is johnny depp ! 220.127.116.11 22:51, 16 August 2008 (UTC)
- besides, if they can do a convincing american accent (not a problem for Depp) then its not a problem and the director may not want them too.
Doomlurker 22:54, 16 August 2008 (UTC)
Batman 3 Villains.
I personally hope Christopher Nolan goes through with making a sequel for the Dark Knight and that he makes it even better than his previous Batman films. I would like to see The Penguin comes in the sequel to the Dark Knight but with a different dialogue, motives and history. I would also like to see the return of Ra's al Ghul since they never said anything about Nolan's version being immortal. Also it would be interesting to see Talia al Ghul in it if Ra's returns.
--Wolf master 13:53, 17 August 2008 (UTC)
Talia al Guhl ? good lord that would be a piece of **** 18.104.22.168 14:14, 17 August 2008 (UTC)
- It would. I would want the Riddler and Two-Face, maybe Hush. --Lord EggHead (No, I am your father!) 13:07, 18 August 2008 (UTC)
- I've just recently found out that Catwoman is going to be in it and that Gary Oldman has confirmed that the Riddler will be in the maybe next sequel to the Dark Knight.--Wolf master 14:36, 18 August 2008 (UTC)
- add a source to that and we'll decide on what to put. Also don't change the title to a rumoured title, it remains Batman 3 until a title is confirmed.
Doomlurker 15:42, 18 August 2008 (UTC)
I've looked deeper into the Catwoman and Riddler situation and it ends up that Catwoman is just a rumour but Riddler, Nolan is not giving an answear to according to this article link title--Wolf master 14:47, 19 August 2008 (UTC)
- It must be fake. Why would they call it Gotham Knights? And no Catwoman or Penguin: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a109540/batman-scribe-rules-out-penguin-catwoman.html?rss --Lord EggHead (No, I am your father!) 14:48, 19 August 2008 (UTC)
- Who put the Penguin and Catwoman on the cast members list because it's been confirmed that Nolan has no interest in having those characters.--Wolf master 21:29, 22 August 2008 (UTC)
- Who keeps on putting Penguin on the villains list? Why is every one putting penguin on the list? How many times do I have to say this Penguin is not going to be in the possible sequel. So stop putting Penguin on the list!--Wolf master 16:14, 29 August 2008 (UTC)
- Who is put Joker as one of the rumoured villains? He can't be the next villian now that Heath Ledger is dead.--Wolf master 16:24, 29 August 2008 (UTC)
- Two things. I was the one who kept saying to stop putting them on the list. Second, archived footage I guess. --Lord EggHead (No, I am your father!) 16:30, 29 August 2008 (UTC)
- Yeah, didn't you know that they could very easily use archive footage and footage of Joker from Dark Knight to re-create him in CG? They could easily do it. They could AT LEAST give Joker a cameo in the third. Like a shot of the back of his head, in Arkhaim (sp?) or something. --22.214.171.124 21:01, 30 September 2008 (UTC)
- Two things. I was the one who kept saying to stop putting them on the list. Second, archived footage I guess. --Lord EggHead (No, I am your father!) 16:30, 29 August 2008 (UTC)
- I think that the people shood have someone not in a film as a villan like ClaeFace, Killer Croc, Man-Bat, Harlee Qinn, Killer Moth, Mad Hatter, or Hssh. I also think The Joker's origin shood be revealed in it. Nolan can still have him he'll jest have to get someone other than Heath Ledger becaase he is dead.
- Has anyone ever thought about no Villans. Just Batman fighting Society after setting himself up for the Two-Face killings .I think it would be a deeper plot and fit into nolans Batman.
- What is all of this talk about Penguin? Nolan said, himself, that he had no intention of putting Penguin in these movies. In my oppinion, maybe Harley Quin would be a good character to have, Riddler seems to be big on the debate- I wouldn't mind him being in the movie, as for Catwoman: another vigilante in Gotham doesn't seem like a bad idea or another love interest for Batman since Rachael died. Do you know what these people have in common? Theyre realistic, formerly ordinary people. Not results of haywire science experiments like Mr. Freeze, Poison Ivy, and Clayface. Or freaky birth defects like Killer Croc and Penguin. --John Rivas
Rubbish about posters
Whoever thinks that a sequel is unlikely due to lack of posters doesn't know the film industry. Just think it took 3/4 years for them to make a sequel to Batman Begins (2005), which was The Dark Knight (2008), they're not going to make a sequel straight away these things take time. If it takes another 3 years for a sequel to be released so be it but no poster does NOT mean a sequel is unlikely. --Doomlurker 22:04, 19 August 2008 (UTC)
Batman 3 Villains Part 2
To the recent issue of the new rumored villians section on the third Batman film page that section is for villians that have been rumored to possibly making appearance in the third Batman Film. I was the one who created that section and I was the one who put the first list of rumored villians. Any rumored villians can be put on the list as long as you put a link or some kind of source information on letting us know how you came accross this information the villian does not have to be confirmed to be aloud on that list it is just being talked about and the idea of that villian is just being developed for a possible villian in the third film. Now as to the list of villians I listed on my first list when I created that section on that page was Catwoman, The Penguin, The Riddler, Two-Face (Aaron Eckhart), and The Joker (Heath Ledger) rumored archive footage or a new actor. If anyone wants to send me a message asking me why I put those villians down when I first created the section rumored villians on the third Batman Film page or simple give there opion on the issue of possible villians in the third Batman Film or they simply want to talk about something I'm willing to hear your messages and what you have to say so I hope this helps anyone who was wondering why certain villians were put on the rumored villian section.
- http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a109540/batman-scribe-rules-out-penguin-catwoman.html?rss Bye-bye Catwoman and Penguin!
Thats good enough proof for me so no Penguin and no Catwoman coming from the word of David S. Goyer I'll add the link if its not already added to the third Batman Film page. Thanks for sending the link User:EggHead I thank you for leting me see the source.
Two-Face can not be in the third film because he dies in the dark knight.--Wolf master 19:13, 3 September 2008 (UTC)
Batman 3 Villains Part 3
Alright, we all have our opinions of who ought to be the villains in the next (hopefully Nolan) Batman film. So lets all get it off our chests. I'll start:
- If Chris only wants to do 3 films, than I think the third and final should feature Bane, portrayed by Javier Bardem, and Azrael, following the Knightfall story arc. I think the film would be better off as the fifth or sixth in the series, so more villains could be introduced to reprise in Knightfall (why not go ahead and call the movie that.) -BlarJotunn 04:21, 31 August 2008 (PDT)
- This is not an opinionated article, it is created by facts. I dont even think it should exsist, IMO. --Lord EggHead (No, I am your father!) 12:58, 31 August 2008 (UTC)
- Egghead is right if you want to talk about things you like to see in the rumored film go to my talk page User:Wolf master --Wolf master 18:54, 4 September 2008 (UTC)
- Can someone tell me how to protect the Batman 3 rumored villains section please!--Wolf master 18:20, 31 August 2008 (UTC)
- RIGHT! WHO PUT CATWOMAN'S NAME ON THE CAST LIST AGAIN!--Wolf master 19:33, 2 September 2008 (UTC)
- It's funny that everyone gets so upset about the rumours of Bane and Catwoman being cast... especially since they HAVE been cast now in 2011... you people take this WAY too seriously.--Kyle, 2011/02/14
- WHO PUT TWO-FACE AND BLACK MASK ON THE ROMOURED VILLIANS LIST AGIAN! TWO-FACE CANT BE IN THE NEXT BATMAN FILM BECAUSE DIES IN THE DARK KNIGHT!--Wolf master 10:56, 6 September 2008 (UTC)
- WILL EVERYONE STOP PUTTING THE PENGUIN ON THE LIST HE IS NOT GOING TO BE IN IT!--Wolf master 19:17, 23 September 2008 (UTC)
- Caine could have been right about the villains just not the actors. Hoffman denied being the Penguin but that doesnt rule him out. Doomlurker 19:21, 23 September 2008 (UTC)
- Who the heck put this down on the romoured titles article:
Monkey man, The Shadow of the butt, The Batman choked, The Dork knight Returns, The Legend of zorro, simCitycreator, Sam of the Bat, Return of the Batman. Who ever wrote this is either is just a loser or extremly stupid and the same thing goes to who ever put Superman on the romoured villains list.--Wolf master 20:34, 6 October 2008 (UTC)
It was an unregistered user, I blocked them. Doomlurker 20:36, 6 October 2008 (UTC)
I nominate this article for deletion because people will keep changing it and it hasnt even been confirmed it shouldnt exsist yet until we have a confirmed title or something. --Lord EggHead (No, I am your father!) 17:51, 1 September 2008 (UTC)
Rumored Titles and Villains
Now lately we have not been given a 100% true to God titles and to be honest I don't think will get any until Nolan has confirmed he will make a new film. So I am going to delete any titles that don't have any sources or links attached to it for proof that it is real. Now with the Rumored Villains I do not want to see Catwoman's, Penguin's or Joker's name on that section again! It is really getting out of control and if I see those names agian I will delete them.--Wolf master 18:42, 1 September 2008 (UTC)
Oh one more thing should I delete the Joker's name off the cast list?--Wolf master 18:46, 1 September 2008 (UTC)
Well if your arguement is that none have been 100% sure on this matter then should you not delete the whole article ? as such i will add the rumoured titles to the page again and there have been rumours of heath's archive footage so i suggest it stays. 126.96.36.199 19:08, 1 September 2008 (UTC)
All just fanboy wishes, any title or proposed villains should be deleted. 188.8.131.52 21:29, 2 September 2008 (UTC)
To Delete or not to delete decision time (Doomlurker 20:43, 1 September 2008 (UTC))
-Votes for deletion here:
- --Lord EggHead (No, I am your father!) 21:36, 3 September 2008 (UTC) Getting f*cking sick of it
- If all the nonsense could be denied, with just the basic info that a movie's coming this would be alright, but right now I'm very surprised all the fanboy wishes are allowed to stay. It's dishonest information. 184.108.40.206 22:34, 3 September 2008 (UTC)
-Votes against deletion here:
- 220.127.116.11 21:27, 1 September 2008 (UTC)
- User:Wolf master--Wolf master 19:43, 2 September 2008 (UTC)
- uh does my vote count ? 18.104.22.168 20:56, 1 September 2008 (UTC)
- all votes count just add it under for or against
Doomlurker 21:09, 1 September 2008 (UTC)
will everyone please stop deleting the rumoured title : The Night The Batman Broke ? 22.214.171.124 19:37, 2 September 2008 (UTC)
What is the point of the WARNING against editing rumoured areas i mean the whole article is a rumour ! 126.96.36.199 21:08, 3 September 2008 (UTC)
- no it does not it says he is expected to work on it.188.8.131.52 21:23, 4 September 2008 (UTC)
- But still we have some sort of proof so the page stays as it is. --Wolf master 17:29, 5 September 2008 (UTC)
- What proof ? 184.108.40.206 18:09, 5 September 2008 (UTC)
- Then it's settled the page stays.--Wolf master 10:53, 6 September 2008 (UTC)
- Here is more proof that Nolan will make another Batman film  --Wolf master 16:49, 12 September 2008 (UTC)
Sourced rumored titles, please
Alright this is getting out of hand. Titles such as "The Long Halloween"? I dont think so, considering they based The Dark Knight off of a comic book called The Long Halloween, they wouldnt be that unoriginal. Also, the "Night the Batman Broke"? What does that even mean? He broke? lol --Lord EggHead (No, I am your father!) 13:07, 6 September 2008 (UTC)
- My god what is your beef with the Broke ? 220.127.116.11 14:35, 6 September 2008 (UTC)
- True, but that would be called Knightfall, and it's supposed to be the real world, and I dont think a 500-pound monster with almost god-like muscles would appear. --Lord EggHead (No, I am your father!) 12:40, 7 September 2008 (UTC)
- thank god someone got the reference but as you said egghead with the long halloween : they would not be that original. 18.104.22.168 13:19, 7 September 2008 (UTC)
- I agree with Egghead I've been saying the same thing don't put anything on titles and villians there unless you have proof via links.--Wolf master 17:20, 7 September 2008 (UTC)
I heard that she signed on for another movie. Will they write Rachel Dawes death as faked or what? 22.214.171.124 04:07, 8 September 2008 (UTC)
It was also said that Eckhart was signed for two movies then they killed his character off. Doomlurker 16:28, 8 September 2008 (UTC)
- It is more than likely that Eckhart and Gyllenhaal are not gonna be in the next film unless it just flahbacks or something.--Wolf master 19:46, 8 September 2008 (UTC)
- Yeah it'll be flashbacks or he'll "talk" to Rachael, like pretending she's there, mentally. --Lord EggHead (No, I am your father!) 01:42, 9 September 2008 (UTC)
Or Harley Quinn. 126.96.36.199 22:06, 11 September 2008 (UTC)
- <size="3">HARLEY QUINN! WHY WHOULD HE BE MENTALY TALKING TO HARLEY QUIN?! WOULD HE BE SAYING TO HER." Hey Harley baby hows the Joker?"</font>--Wolf master 19:40, 12 September 2008 (UTC)
No joker messes her up mentally and she becomes Harley Quinn not only adding conflict to bruce seeing his childhood friend become an enemy but Harvey being driven further to madness by her leaving him for joker! 188.8.131.52 05:04, 16 September 2008 (UTC)
- That is an idea Rachael is alive but was mentaly abused by the Joker and Two-face is really angry but you got two problems. Heath Ledger is dead! and Two-Face is dead.--Wolf master 19:17, 16 September 2008 (UTC)
Already taken into consideration. However I feel that Mr. Nolan will change his mind about two face with the success of Dark Knight.
- Two-Face will never fit in the sequel. --Lord EggHead (No, I am your father!) 01:07, 30 September2008(UT
we can turn her into poison ivy and catwoman to,but i think se won't be in it she is probably dead for good
Well apparently Michael Caine has confirmed Depp as the Riddler and Hoffman as ... The Penguin! Do we take this as confirmation or with a pinch of salt?
- WOOT, riddler! and I hope Penguin looks like a normal person and not Danny DeVito styled, or it'll destroy Nolans real world atmosphere. --Lord EggHead (No, I am your father!) 00:56, 10 September 2008 (UTC)
- NO not the penguin......alas thy has not tasted the sweet sweet soil.....184.108.40.206 01:02, 10 September 2008 (UTC)
- No not penguin at least not played by Philip Seymour Hoffman. Hoffman has said himself he hasnt even been approached. This was posted today. So we can probably say that Caine was mistaken. --Doomlurker 17:15, 10 September 2008 (UTC)
- I think it is safe to say that the rumored third film is no longer a romoured third film Hurray! Now we just need to find the name of the title.....--Wolf master 19:03, 10 September 2008 (UTC)
Ok, first of all, where did you get the possible names section? because "The Night the Batman Broke" does not sound like a real title. Second, where did you get that poster? it looks extremely fake, the question mark is obviously photoshopped in, and why would there be a poster out already when the script hasn't even been started yet, let alone the cast chosen? Sideswipe11791 19:26, 1 October 2008 (UTC)
Ok, to awnser your questions:
first of all The Night The Batman Broke is a reference to Knightfall, secondly it's a rumoured title it does not matter if you think it's fake, thirdly yes the poster is fake i don't know why it is here thirdly the cast list says they are RUMOURED to be in it not in it 220.127.116.11 19:35, 1 October 2008 (UTC)
There is a hint in the title of the section RUMOURED titles. Poster is fake it is not an official poster it is a fanmade poster. -- Doomlurker 16:33, 2 October 2008 (UTC)
- Everyone knows that, for some reason we just didn't take it down. --Lord EggHead (No, I am your father!) 20:50, 7 October 2008 (UTC) (EggHead)
- None of this is even semi-officially rumored. Its all fanboy wishing. Anyway, David Goyer has recently shot down pretty much all these alleged casting "rumors". 18.104.22.168 07:31, 10 October 2008 (UTC)
Hmm semi-official rumours thats a new one, the point is they are rumours, official or unofficial either way they are rumours and besides if it was an official rumour then it would be an oxymoron as if it is official it is no longer a rumour, this has been confirmed as sourced, If you have new information source it on here so everyone can see it. As for removing some text there was a source there backing up what the text said so how is it fanboy wishes? All of the solid information is sourced so you havent got a clue what you are talking about. Doomlurker 08:18, 10 October 2008 (UTC)
David Goyer Debunks Pretty Much All Fanboy Wishing
http://splashpage.mtv.com/2008/10/07/the-dark-knight-screenwriter-david-goyer-on-batman-3-rumors-its-all-bs/ You can remove the Depp casting now, among many other things. 22.214.171.124 16:46, 10 October 2008 (UTC)
- So I hearby decree nomination of deletion of this page! --Lord EggHead (No, I am your father!) 12:46, 19 October 2008 (UTC)
He says that it hasn't gone into production and casting has not begun not that it isn't happening. - Doomlurker 14:05, 19 October 2008 (UTC)
- so basically ALL THE RUMORS have been denied, and we have absolutely NO INFO on it, and yet you wanna keep it? --Lord EggHead (No, I am your father!) 16:02, 19 October 2008 (UTC)
Well they are the most believable rumours so they can stay but the article can remain as a third film hasnt been denied.
Doomlurker 18:16, 19 October 2008 (UTC)
We need to delete this
¡OK people we really need to delete this, they're just pure rumors, and that image is fan created, stop with the villain rumors!
Well techniquely as it is in the works we should instead of deleting the article delete everything other than the infobox and the info at the top of the page. However if we did this people would just come along and add things to it. Similarly if i delete it somebody will just come along and make it again. The film is planned so it gets a page. There is no point in the article merely saying:
This is a planned sequel to the Dark Knight.
Because then it should be deleted so it stays and the rumours will EITHER be deleted or put under a rumoured section which will be there for people wanting to hear rumours.
Doomlurker 16:00, 24 October 2008 (UTC)
We voted earlier 2 for deletion 4 against (i am against but didnt put my vote) Doomlurker 22:08, 25 October 2008 (UTC)
You know,Harvey Dent mentions the Mad Hatter in The Dark Knight while talking to Bruce Wayne so he might be in Batman 3.Do take this as a confirmation or with a pitch of Sugar? Mr.Wood 15:15, 25 October 2008 (UTC)Mr.WoodMr.Wood 15:15, 25 October 2008 (UTC)
- He said mad DOG, and he was describing the Joker. --Lord EggHead (No, I am your father!) 15:26, 25 October 2008 (UTC)
- It does not matter if it was Jervis Tech or Thomas Schiff, the mad hatter will never fit in Nolan's batman films.--Wolf master 21:01, 16 November 2008 (UTC)
- It is rumoured that Jonathan Nolan has expressed interest in having the Mad Hatter in the sequel.
Remove redirect from The Dark Knight Returns to here
That's ridiculous and you know it. 126.96.36.199 08:45, 3 December 2008 (UTC)
Hey guys I'm new here but I have edited on the Avatar Wiki. I have an image that could be legitimate but I wanted to show it to you guys first before I posted it. It looks like this:
Hey Alex welcome I'm Rod12 I'm one of the Batman Wiki Staff Members this image of this Batman 3 poster is actually one of the many rumored posters for the possible Batman 3 movie. But I think we could possibly use it in some way on the Batman 3 page just as a new image. If you have any questions just talk to me or my friend Doomlurker who is the head admin of the Batman Wiki. Talk to you later.
This is not a legitimate poster. The text is not filled in (notice the gray boxes? they are used for photoshop's alpha notifications). Also, They have yet to commence any filming, or even the start of a script
The image has been removed from the article because it is not legitimate. If we get a legitimate we will put it up. Doomlurker 14:11, 14 December 2008 (UTC)
Good news and Bad news and Corfirmation
Hello everyone it's me, now I have some good news and some bad news, the good news is that they are making a Batman 3 it's under the working title Gotham and it's set to come out 2010 yeah! But there is some bad news........ The Riddler will be in it but he will not be played by Johney Depp or David Tennant but by Eddie Murphy!!! (WTF!!!!!(Excuse my french)) He's a comedy actor! He will not play the Riddler straight it's like asking Ricky Gurvais play Batman!!! And to make things worse they are going to have Robin in it and he will be played by Shia Labeouf!! (WTF!!!(Excuse my french again)) My problem Robin and Shia Labeouf is:
1. Robin will make the new Batman films less dark and less realistic
2. Shia Labeouf is too boyish and he is c***!!!!!
But Catwoman will be in the film and Actress Rachel Weisz up to play her. Honestly I think Nolan has lost the plot what do think?
p.s this information comes from today's Sun newspaper on page 3. --Wolf master 20:37, 18 December 2008 (UTC)
This has actually all been denied. http://www.superherohype.com/news/batmannews.php?id=7923 The head of warner bros has said that they are in talks with Nolan and its really waiting for him to come up with a story. It isnt having a release date pushed because they want to make the film good not rushed.
Doomlurker 22:12, 18 December 2008 (UTC)
The Rumored Information on Robin and The Riddler are all false it was created by a British Tabloid Paper. The only real good news is what Doomlurker reported and thats Christopher Nolan and Warner Brothers are in talks and they are waiting for him to come up with a great story and the movie won't be rushed either by the studio so there is no release date.
Oh thank God because if Eddie Murphy was the Riddler and Robin was going to be in it i would never watch that film--Wolf master 19:47, 19 December 2008 (UTC)
I find it funny that people believe that actors have been cast already even when Chris Nolan hasn't signed on yet.
Doomlurker 20:13, 20 December 2008 (UTC)
Eddie Murphy as the Riddler? Im glad its not true! I would like to see one villian that has been used in the old series (like Edward Nigma/The Riddler) and a villian not yet used on the big screen, like Hush, Black Mask, or mabey bring back Victor Zsasz (he had a minor cameo in Batman Begins, mabey they could expand his role) or bring back the Scarecrow? Who knows, im just a Batman fan with a few ideas. I dont care who the villians are, as long as they are played realistic tone and not some Batman & Robin repeat crap!-Batfan '89. Also I edited the Cardnial O'fallon page a while back...
I think they should have the Harley Quinn in the third Batman because it would be a great way to bring the Joker back.
alright, I really, personally, dont consider tabloid papers like the National Enquiror or Sun real sources, since we all know tabloids say fake things all the time, so there is truly no point in trusting them as reasonable refs. --Lord EggHead (I'm an Agent of Chaos) 15:16, 4 January 2009 (UTC)
A little more substance
 Here's a very recent article confirming nothing else but that Nolan and Goyer are just talking and thinking about the third movie. I do remember another article which stated that Nolan is sitting down to scrape up ideas (which translates into "rolled up balls of paper that now line his floor near the waste bin"). Let me explain what all this means:
- 1) Nolan will not sign on until he sees a workable story.
- 2) The story takes a long time to develop, and then there's the actual development time of the movie itself, which pushes the time frame for the release of this movie to around... 2011, maybe even 2012 if inspiration isn't coming (unless they decide to shift gears and try for a winter 2010-2011 release).
- 3) If you're going to do speculations, you're far better off looking for the best and brightest Batman comics that they will draw the story from. Batman Begins came from Batman: Year One. The Dark Knight drew heavy inspiration from The Killing Joke and some from The Long Halloween. Since there's a GOOD chance this will be the last Nolan-Batman movie (if it occurs), then Nolan and Goyer will probably milk the best story ideas from the best comics.
- 4) One last thing, Nolan has a flair for mental trickery. I don't see him above "suggesting" something (ie, Dent not dead, suggestion that the Joker will return) just to get fans returning multiple times to look for "clues".
--Lygris 22:00, 8 January 2009 (UTC)
Oh and P.S. Take some time to think about what kind of new gadgets Batman would get. In the Dark Knight, he got a complete overhaul: A new vehicle, a new suit, new projectile, new toys galore. Considering the impact these new equipment options had on this story, I would reasonably speculate that a third movie would see another revamp of all his equipment. Ponder that. --Lygris 22:16, 8 January 2009 (UTC)
Christopher Nolan said that as long as he's directing he's not going to have Robin in the story. And screw the tabloids.-- Darth starkiller1103 17:43,54 January 2009
188.8.131.52 19:53, 30 January 2009 (UTC) Excuse me if I add this, I see on this page everybody brain storming about who the villains are. May I add some thought and suggest maybe Killer Croc being in the movie. The guy was fleeing from the sewers in Batman Gotham Knight and has not been heard from, so they've already got a story arch set up. In addition, Nolan has said he would like to include villains who have not been done on film yet, so if you ask me... we got something going on here.
Actor for Killer Croc
If the Killer Croc is in Batman 3 who would play him?
Hey...Maybe Dwayne Johnson ,Mickey Rourke or Michael Keaton ( I Have No Idea Why These Guys But For Some Reason They Pop In My Head For Croc) and if ever Killer Moth it should definetly be Dane DeHaan from Chronicle (2012). Also I think of Robin Williams or Jeff Bridges for Hugo Strange. Reedman211 (talk) 02:50, July 23, 2012 (UTC)
I'm not really a contributer here, but this page is just pointless. Why have a page if there isn't a single bit of fact in it? 184.108.40.206
Well the reason its here is to deal with the what-ifs that come up. Also, Citing is being done on this page which to me is as close to fact as it gets. Devilmanozzy 09:34, 20 February 2009 (UTC)
It keeps people up to date with the latest on what is heard about the film. Doomlurker 21:31, 20 February 2009 (UTC)
Man-Bat looks like a sick character to be in the Nolan films. He looks like a major threat to batman.
I'ts Black Mask a from Batman 3 film.
Christopher Nolan's confirmation?
One thing I've noticed is that we are talking about how are the villains of the possible Batman 3 movie and rather this page should even exist or not when we should be looking for an actual confirmation from Nolan or his inner circle first (not from a blog or a news paper), and then we can talk about the villains and the plot and all the over deails. I personally suggest we keep a close eye on the warner brothers websites and the Dc comics website or even the Christopher Nolan fan sites.--Wolf master 21:10, 28 March 2009 (UTC)
Joshua Harto riddler
Mr.Resse is riddler MysteriousBivis19980 10:56, 30 March 2009 (UTC)
I Heard that Robin might or might be in the third Batman movie and if he is going to be in this one I vote for Shia LaBeouf?--Lg16spears 04:59, 26 June 2009 (UTC)
Out of date
This page is out of date especially with the villians I think Catwoman should be put back down on the page since the rumors are very strong about her being in it also if there are rumors about Robin maybye put his name on it? Just suggesting
None of the above you just mentioned have been officially confirmed. Therefore, the page is not out of date, since here at Batman Wikia the articles are to present only fact, not opinion or rumors.
Thanks, --Duel44 00:11, 28 June 2009 (UTC)
No offence Duel44, but then why does it use the words rumored in the titles and villians section
I read through what everyone put down on the villains list and I think a hefty number of them should be crossed off. First, I got to say Wolf master needs to chill the fuck out, they are just rumors. It's barely been a year since the Dark Knight and people are going nuts over who's going to be in the alleged third. Christopher Nolan has nothing to say on it nor does Christian Bale but Gary Oldman had plenty to say. You should include one of his interviews. He was positive that the Riddler would be our next villain and he went on to say that The Joker could be replaced by a different actor as they did it with Katie Holme's character, Rachel Dawes. Phillip Seymor Hoffman was rumored to play Penguin for the alleged third film but he denied the rumor. Johnny Depp was rumored to play the Riddler and he was questioned about it on a radio talk show. He just simply said 'it'd be a fun gig for awhile.' The Killer Croc is probably not going to be introduced to the series since his character isn't Nolan's style. There were rumors about there being a Catwoman which is more than likely as Bruce Wayne's love interest, Rachel Dawes, was slashed in the Dark Knight. The Scarecrow was done and he might appear as a cameo appearance. User:Niermak 02:23, 22 July 2009 (UTC)
Were there really rumors about the Joker being made through CGI, 'Cause if there were I didn't hear anything about it But if he does appear I don't think he'll be the main villian. probably just a brief cameo like peering out of a cell in Arkam
Megan Fox as Catwoman officall confirmed
Its a Rumor Megan Fox has not been confirmed as Catwoman Sorry.
Society as the Villan
The way that the Dark knight ended made it seem like Batman would be fighting society rather than a villan . It could be a very good drama. Batman having to be hunted by society dealing with Rachels death. I honestly think this would be the logical choice to continue the plot. Rather then bringing in the Riddler or resurrecting Two face or catwoman or the penguin. But say if certain characters considered villans were in the story wouldnt be bad . Bane or Deadshot but they wouldnt be the main antagonist theyd be a relativly small role but the main antagonists would be society
Michael Caine said that the the film wasn't going to go ahead
Doomlurker is editing - erasing more like it !
robin , no - catwoman , no - penquin , no - two face , for sure ! the riddler , most likely ! doomlurker , very lame - the dark bat -
Doomlurker hates your comments -
why do you erase my opinions lurker ? who are you to decide what people should read about batman . . . i am just as big a bat fan as you - please respect my an others opinion - thats all i ask hombre - the dark bat
doomlurker turns over new leaf - feels good that people like the dark bat an others respect his opinion on batman -
its true , i check this site daily for any updates on the next bat flick - keep up the very good job doomlurker ! im with you all the way - the dark bat -
Tell me some updates doomlurker - we want to hear from you !
i am here everyday - waiting an waiting an waiting . . . add something new ! ! ! we will be waiting patiently doomlurker - the dark bat -
Firstly I am admin here so if i decide something is inappropriate or vandalism it goes. Secondly if there is no news it can't be updated and finally this is a database not a news website or forum. Doomlurker 11:31, January 7, 2010 (UTC)
The dark bat honors doomlurkers statement -
nicely put - to each his own - the dark bat
"Dawn of Gotham" or "Gotham's Dawn" should be a rumored title for Batman 3 I came up with it
If you watch the Dark Knight trailer, Harvey Dent says "Gotham is only darkest before the Dawn and I assure you the Dawn is coming" hint hint... So when the Dawn breaks, Gotham isnt in the dark anymore, but is instead free from the vile of crime and Bruce Wayne takes up his rightful mantle as Gothams hero...
"Dawn of Gotham" or "Gotham's Dawn" should be the name because if you pay attention, each title comes at the end and only at the end of the film does its meaning make sense.
Batman Begins made sense because at the end of the movie, Bruce Wayne finally became Batman, the hero of Gotham and thus his journey now began.
The Dark Knight made sense because at the end of the movie, Bruce Wayne becomes the hero Gotham deserves, he isnt its white knight, but its dark knight and thus he becomes the anti hero at the end of the film.
Dawn of Gotham makes sense because, the final film should depict Bruce fighting to clear his name and at the same time save Gotham from its darkness and take it to its dawn.
Thats my reason...
- On March 10, 2010, Nolan confirmed his involvement with a sequel and gave some information regarding the story. The next Batman film will be Nolan's last and a conclusion to the story. Nolan says, "Without getting into specifics, the key thing that makes the third film a great possibility for us is that we want to finish our story. And in viewing it as the finishing of a story rather than infinitely blowing up the balloon and expanding the story . . . I’m very excited about the end of the film, the conclusion, and what we’ve done with the characters. My brother has come up with some pretty exciting stuff. Unlike the comics, these things don’t go on forever in film and viewing it as a story with an end is useful. Viewing it as an ending, that sets you very much on the right track about the appropriate conclusion and the essence of what tale we’re telling. And it hearkens back to that priority of trying to find the reality in these fantastic stories. That’s what we do.” Nolan has also confirmed that Jonathan Nolan is writing the script and that the villain of the film “won't be Mr. Freeze.” In April 2010, Warner Bros. announced the as-yet-untitled sequel will be released on July 20, 2012. The film will begin shooting in March 2011.
PictureDear fellow editors,
I found the picture which is right next to this message while searching at Bing.
Signed, Professor Nonya Floopinhagin 00:00, April 29, 2011 (UTC).
Hmm.... Can't be to sure its real. If it is then I'd say that it looks like Black Mask may be in it because of the skull which to me looks like a mask. Probably wrong though.Sniperteam82308 Wanna Talk? 11:23, April 29, 2011 (UTC)
No images promotional or otherwise have been released for this film, therefore it is fan-made. - Doomlurker 19:44, April 29, 2011 (UTC)
Dear fellow editors,
The opposite version of this movie would probably be entitled "The Light Day."
Signed, Professor Nonya Floopinhagin 14:28, April 30, 2011 (U.T.C.).
Matthew Modine as "Nixon"
- I added the poster to the page, as many people will be searching for it online in the next couple of days and we want people to come here. :-) --Ohmyn0 (talk) 18:17, July 12, 2011 (UTC)
Here is the official release of Trailer 2
Is Batman Too Old?
Vin13ish 03:25, November 22, 2011 (UTC) Okay, Christopher Nolan just announced that The Dark Knight Rises gonna take place 8 years after event of The Dark Knight, so Okay Batman is 30 in Batman Begins (2005 in real life/2001 in movie) , 3 years later Batman is 33 in The Dark Knight (2008 in real life/2004 in movie), 8 years later Batman in 41 in The Dark Knight Rises (2012 in real life and movie) is batman too old?
Too old? At 41? Are we talking about the same Batman here? In the Animated Series, Bruce seemed to be in his 60's before being forced into retirement.
How come the page is locked so tightly? I know it is prevent vandalism and provide ONLY official information, but I'm sure most of the users on here will treat it with respect. Can the page be a little less protected? I would like to edit on it, but I can't :(. Also I am really digging the new movie poster. Banan14kab 23:01, December 10, 2011 (UTC)
It'll be unlocked in the new year sometime. Just like with Batman: Arkham City the article will remain locked nearer to the release. - Doomlurker 23:04, December 10, 2011 (UTC)
- Hey Doomlurker, could you possibly update the cast list? Liam Neeson has already been confirmed to reprise as Ra's al Ghul. So could you list him in the cast as an older Ra's al Ghul? Wikipedia alo states this. Josh Pence will play him as a younger vresion (most likely for flashbacks) and Neeson will be Ra's in the present I believe. Banan14kab 21:30, December 11, 2011 (UTC)
Will information from the IMAX screenings in December be allowed to be posted? - Nx1701g 03:15, December 15, 2011 (UTC)
Both Christian Bale and Joseph Gordon-Levitt were in separate Treasure Island movies (Bale in the 1990 version and Levitt in the 2002 version) and now they're in the same movie (The Dark Knight Rises). Is this be worthy enough to be put on their respective pages or no? F**k joining the Sith. Who cares if they have cookies? Jedi have pancake mix! 03:08, January 23, 2012 (UTC)
is harley quinn going to appear on the film because i saw some images with her on some google images in movie postersAhaga10 10:23, February 3, 2012 (UTC)
Here's the third trailer that will be shown with The Avengers. Officially release just now by Warner Bros.--Kal-EL 03:29, May 24, 2012 (UTC)
Here are the first two officially released TV spots for TDKR. I'll just place them here for you to upload as they get released.--Kal-EL 03:26, May 24, 2012 (UTC)
Posters and Banners
Here are some new Banners to add to the page.--Kal-EL 01:03, May 25, 2012 (UTC)
Does anyone else think we should make an article for the new air vehicle, dubbed "The Bat" by Lucius Fox in the film? I mean it is basically the film's adaption of the Batplane (or the Batwing in some cases). I think we should begin this immediately. Banan14kab 23:07, June 18, 2012 (UTC)
New exclusive trailer from Nokia has debuted with all new footage from The Dark Knight Rises.
Another terrible cast?
Aha! Since Catwoman is confirmed, we are now getting another poor movie adaptation of this character? Been said many times that the Batman Returns Catwoman was so far the best movie version of her. The appearance of her in that trailer? It already looks bad, even the Arkham City Catwoman was better in terms of appearance and also her attitude was intruguing. But... everything may happen maybe it will be a good one in this movie, I highly doubt however.
- Oh come on now. Why are people being so nitpicky and hating on Anne Hathaway and Tom Hardy? I think Nolan knows what he is doing. Let's judge more critically after we've all seen the film. Are you going to let something like the cast stop you from watching a film? If you enjoyed the first two films I think TDKR is no question. Banan14kab 14:05, July 5, 2012 (UTC)
- I don't think they were even complaining that it was Anne Hathaway, they're complaining about her look. If you honestly judge how good a film will be based on cast and looks opposed to performance and story then you're gonna miss out on a lot of good films. - Doomlurker 14:37, July 5, 2012 (UTC)
- But we could still change the in post-production part 220.127.116.11 17:08, July 20, 2012 (UTC)
Batman alive or dead
In the movie, it says that the Bat's autopiliot feature was fixed six months earlier, but Batman supposedly died because he didn't use it. Did that mean he faked his death to leave his life as Batman or was he being a martyr, sacrificing himself to save everyone else? I know Alfred saw Bruce and Catwoman at a cafe in Italy, but that could have been Alfred imagining he saw them, it wouldn't necessarily mean he survived even though it is hinted that he did. After all, Alfred did say that when Bruce disappeared in the first movie, he went to Italy every year to a cafe and imagined seeing Bruce sitting across from him with happily married, he could have done the same thing after he died, provided he really is dead. --Tsl3161991 (talk) 23:24, August 6, 2012 (UTC)