"Call of the Cobblepot" is the third episode of the first series of The Batman.
After a strange series of crimes involving birds stealing diamonds and jewels, Batman decides to find out who's behind this. It turns out that the crook is the rude and selfish Oswald Cobblepot, aka Penguin, who attends Bruce Wayne's party, and steals the guest list. Alfred tries to catch Penguin for his misbehavior at the party (eating all of the food, stealing a tray, harassing a young woman, and burning money), but also for personal reasons as their families hated each other due to Alfred's Grandfather had previously worked for the Copplepotts, and was treated 'like a stray dog'. But unfortunately, Penguin catches Alfred and tries to feed him to the birds. Batman, having found out similar robberies in Asia committed in a similar fashion, and the guests at the party being targeted at the robberies. Batman must find Penguin's mansion and save Alfred, as well as defeat Penguin and his bodyguards; the Kabuki Twins and return all the jewels and gems he's stolen.
Voice Cast and CharactersEdit
- Rino Romano as Bruce Wayne/Batman
- Tom Kenny as Oswald Cobblepot/The Penguin
- Alastair Duncan as Alfred Pennyworth
- Steve Harris as Detective Ethan Bennett
- Ming-Na as Detective Ellen Yin
- Grey DeLisle as Amanda and Ms. Vintrup
- Kabuki Twins
- This episode aired ahead of "Traction" despite it being the second episode of the series.
- "Please now that are all pretenses are off. Call me Penguin. A flightless bird, but ONE WITH STYLE!"
- "Cause I'm going to restore the Copplepott name to its former wealth and glory."
- "Hopefully its not the Batman that brings out the 'freaks.'"
- Penguin says he's eating anchovy pizza, but it's pepperoni.
- When Batman goes into the mansion, his chest plate's colours are backwards.
- This episode hints to Penguin living by himself, since his parents’ faces are torn out of the family portrait and Cobblepot Manor looks very beat-up, despite the fact that he has maids in “The Cobblepot Caper”.
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|"Traction"||"The Man Who Would Be Bat"|